Author(s): Ian Fryer
**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 20 JULY 2023**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
Carrying On presents the complete story of the Carry Ons, which have made Britain laugh for generations on film, television and stage, and of the unique British filmmaking partnership of producer Peter Rogers and director Gerald Thomas.
Writer and film historian Ian Fryer takes us on a journey into the glorious days of classic British humour, bringing to life the Carry On films and the vibrant, fascinating world of comedy from which they sprang.
This lively and entertaining book presents detailed histories of the thirty-one Carry On films, revealing a cinematic legacy that is often cleverer and more complex than expected – from the post-war optimism of Carry On Sergeant and Carry On Nurse, via mini-epics such as Carry On Cleo, all the way to the smut-tinged 1970s.
Carrying On also turns the spotlight onto the host of other productions the Rogers and Thomas partnership brought to the screen along with detailed biographies of legendary Carry On stars, such as Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, and Barbara Windsor who have brought fun and laughter to millions for decades.
|FORMAT||234 x 156 mm|
|PUBLICATION DATE||20 July 2023|
|ILLUSTRATIONS||41 colour illustrations|
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 20 JULY 2023. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.