- The first book to offer a complete summary of Kylie Minogue’s 35-year recording history across five decades (1987-2022)
- Examines every song in the Kylie back catalogue with over 300 individual entries
- Chronicles Kylie’s classic hits, album tracks and B-sides, plus music video and remix information and insights
- Details Kylie’s essential demos, rarities, live tracks and additional recordings, plus a lavish 16-page colour section of her iconic album covers
- Part of the exciting and expanding Song by Song series
TV teen queen to Stock Aitken Waterman’s megastar, the rise of Kylie Minogue to the top of the charts is one of the biggest smash hit success stories in pop music.
Across fifteen studio albums, her transition from ‘SexKylie’ (with help from Michael Hutchence) to ‘IndieKylie’ (thanks to Nick Cave and Manic Street Preachers), then to undisputed ‘Princess of Pop’ (courtesy of the irresistible ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’) proved she was not just an actress, singer and a remarkable live performer (including Glastonbury Goddess), but a true global superstar.
After successfully beating cancer, Kylie returned to the top with several big-selling albums, including the critically lauded The Abbey Road Sessions
, festive fave Kylie Christmas
and 2020’s history making Disco
This book is an exhaustive ‘step back in time’ through her complete catalogue across five poptastic decades. Every released track and collaboration from her 300-plus song catalogue – many self-penned or co-written – over thirty-five years is examined in detail with new insights, revelations and vital video/remix information. Kylie: Song by Song
celebrates this unique artist’s truly remarkable and unparalleled career and is a must-have for every dedicated fan of the lucky, lucky, lucky Australian pop princess.
||234 x 156 mm
||26 May 2022
||35 colour photographs
How Australia’s ‘Princess of Pop’ became a global superstar with an extraordinary career spanning five decades and fifteen studio albums.[/custom_html]