**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 18 JUNE 2022**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- With the recent invasion of Ukraine and a new Cold War between Russia and NATO, this is a timely evaluation of USAF operations between 1950 and 1992
- Aircraft of the period are covered in exhaustive detail from the Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt, McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Eagle, Boeing B-52 Stratofortress, Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark and more
- Gloriously illustrated with 459 images (166 colour), many of which are rare or unpublished from private collections
- Of interest to aviation and military historians, modellers, flight enthusiasts and gamers such as IL-2, War Thunder and DCS
USAFE Tactical Units in the United Kingdom in the Cold War 1950 to 1992 contains a history of all United States Air Force Europe Tactical flying units that were resident in the United Kingdom during the period 1950 to 1992.
‘From the cockpit’ testimonies from aircrew who were assigned to the individual squadrons and wings is an integral part of the narrative, which is supported by 566 mono photographs.
The tactical nuclear mission was central to the operations of many of the UK-based units and is covered in detail from its beginnings in 1952 with the arrival of the 20th TFW and the 47th Bombardment Wing, to the adoption by NATO of the doctrine of ‘Flexible Response’ and the eventual end of the Cold War.
Also included are sections on the Tactical Air Command units, which were temporarily deployed to the UK in support of USAFE and NATO operations. The comprehensive appendices contain essays on individual aircraft development; international events, which had a direct bearing on the missions and deployments of individual units; support aircraft used by the wings; and maps, tables and profiles.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||248 x 172 mm
||18 June 2022
||293 black-and-white and 166 colour images
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 18 June 2022
. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.