**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH ON 25 MARCH 2021**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- The full and detailed combat history of the 12-SS Panzer Division’s epic struggle through Normandy
- Riveting first-hand accounts of small unit actions based on war diaries and dramatic personal accounts
- List of the division’s highly decorated members for actions committed in the field of battle, complete Orders of Battle and Combat Organisation tables
- Beautifully illustrated with high-quality photographs and plans from the author’s personal collection
‘I know every single one of these grenadiers. The oldest is barely eighteen. These boys have not yet learned how to live, but by God they know how to die!’
These were the words of the division’s commanding officer, SS-Oberführer Kurt Meyer, for his own men: men admired even by their very opponents.
Established in 1943, the 12th SS-Panzer Division was designed to become an elite unit formed by ‘…a generation of future soldiers, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel’ and commanded by a nucleus of hardened SS officers and NCOs.
This is the detailed history of the division from its formation all through the Normandy campaign where it received its baptism of fire. Although employed in the field for the first time, those young soldiers fought with a tenacity and ferocity unexcelled by any other unit Allied or German deployed on the invasion front, defending doggedly every single yard of ground from Caen to Falaise, a distance of just 25 miles, over which the Canadians and British fought, paying a high price in blood.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||234 x 156 mm
||25 March 2021
||96 black-and-white and 14 colour photographs
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 25 March 2021. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.