**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 20 APRIL 2023**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- Masons involved in murder, treason, conspiracy and scandal
- Jack the Ripper and Freemasons: the full facts revealed for the first time
- Are Masons involved in conspiracies to control the world or are they just ordinary members of society?
- Tales of famous and infamous Masons: police officers, judges, celebrities, film-makers, soldiers, explorers, world-famous businessmen, politicians, forgers, scoundrels and murderers
Crafty Characters covers the lives of weird, wonderful and wicked Masons over the last 300 years
Many Freemasons have made the world a better place when others have been villainous criminals. Members of the Craft have developed forensic science, solved famous crimes and invented all manner of things.
Several members of the royal family have been members of the Craft and the declining interest in the organisation from younger royals is also discussed. Masons have been very active in the criminal justice system – both as ‘goodies’ and ‘baddies’.
It was a Mason who formed the Special Branch to fight terrorism and another who brought the Moors Murders to an end. In some cases, such as the Cleveland Street Scandal, Masons found themselves on both sides of the law. The medical profession is also well-represented in lodges.
Happily, it was a member of the Craft who rescued the Elephant Man and a Masonic doctor was the first to identify an occupational cancer. On the other side of the coin, there have been evil Masonic doctors who committed murder and other heinous crimes.
One Masonic surgeon may have committed regicide with the ‘mercy killing’ of a king. In addition, there are stories of weird and wonderful Masons – celebrities, film makers, soldiers, explorers, world-famous businessmen, politicians, forgers and scoundrels.
All are covered in Crafty Characters: Tales of Famous and Infamous Freemasons.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||234 x 156 mm
||15 July 2017
||98 black-and-white photographs
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 20 APRIL 2023
. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.