**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 20 APRIL 2023**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- Never-before-seen snapshots of famous German wartime personalities, foreign volunteer units, rarely seen and experimental firearms, and famous battles
- An encompassing glimpse of the Wehrmacht through the German camera lens including all branches of military service: Heer, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, Waffen SS and Hitler Youth
- A detailed photographic study of the development and changes to German small arms, uniforms and equipment during the war
- An exciting new look into the men, machines and weapons of the Wehrmacht featuring period photographs from both German and Allied sources, the majority of which have never been published
No nation has celebrated militarism with the vigour of Nazi Germany. Part of that martial fervour was the use of the photograph – both as a form of propaganda and as a method of documenting the feats of the Wehrmacht on the battlefield.
Through their private snapshots, the everyday German soldier became a major contributor to the historical record of the Second World War. It would seem that nearly every German soldier had his own camera and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of photographs, were taken by these troops during the conflict.
Thousands of these photos were lost, vanishing in the chaos of the closing days of the war, many were taken by Allied soldiers and sent home as war trophies, with many more destroyed by their creators to hide guilt and shame. However, large numbers of these photographs survived and can still be found today in junk shops, antique malls, estate sales, and auction houses around the world.
Through these forgotten images, we catch a glimpse of the war, through the eyes of the men who were there.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||234 x 156 mm
||20 April 2023
||405 black-and-white photographs
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 23 April 2023
. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.