**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 26 MARCH 2023**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- The largest collection of survivor accounts ever compiled
- Rare and unpublished photographs from the battle
- Many never-seen-before accounts from survivors from both sides
- Assiduously researched, rich in detail and lavishly illustrated
- Packed with incredible stories of individual heroism and sacrifice
On 22 January 1879, British forces in Zululand suffered a shocking and unimaginable defeat at the hands of the Zulus resulting in over 1,300 dead, including more than 800 regular British soldiers.
However, the Zulu victory came at a cost and their losses were also very heavy. Yet, surprisingly, scattered in archives, museums and private collections around the world sits many first-hand accounts from those who were there.
Inaccessible to most, these primary sources are vital to our understanding of the battle and how it unfolded, and they shed important light on the experiences of those who were there on that fateful day.
British soldiers, those from the colonial forces, civilians and Zulu warriors who attacked the camp, all left detailed descriptions of the battle.
By bringing these sources together, Witnesses at Isandlwana: 22 January 1879 – the largest collection of primary accounts ever gathered on the battle – allows the reader to view all sources under one roof, providing a better understanding of the battle, how it played out and what those involved witnessed on that monumental day in both British and Zulu history.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||234 x 156 mm
||Hardback with dust jacket
||26 March 2023
||UK and Worldwide
||40 black and white photographs / 20 maps
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 26 March 2023
. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.