**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH ON 21 JANUARY 2021**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- All 7,364 holders are covered, including all the disputed awards
- An exhaustive work of comprehensive research and study in various files, collections and paperwork
- Grave locations and photographs are detailed
- Beautifully illustrated with many rare and unpublished photographs
- A must-have for military historians, enthusiasts and those interested in the Second World War
The Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross, to give it its full name, owes its origins to the Pour le Mérite (Blue Max), an Imperial award from 1740.
The Complete Knight’s Cross is a series of three books that tells the story of all men who were awarded it, including all disputed awards. The books have over 200 photos of holders of the medal and more than 100 photos of their graves.
The first volume, Volume One: The Years of Victory 1939-1941, deals with numbers 1-1,267). Volume Two: The Years of Stalemate covers 1942-1943 with numbers 1,268-3,685. The final volume, The Years of Defeat, chronicles the years 1944-1945 with numbers 3,686-7,364.
The recipients are listed in the order of the date of award. Each entry starts with the recipients rank and name, followed by details of the action or actions for which they were awarded the medal.
Other interesting facts and stories are also included for many. Finally, their burial locations, where known are given. Any higher awards such as Oak Leaves, Swords, Diamonds, etc., are also covered.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||234 x 156 mm
||21 January 2021
||75 black-and-white photographs
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 21 January 2021. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.