**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH AFTER 21 SEPTEMBER 2023**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
- Features a wealth of previously unpublished images from Michael Clemens’ private collection
- Features extended commentaries from the author, which are rich in detail
- Of interest to train enthusiasts, local historians and modellers
Michael Clemens’ holidays with his parents in the 1950s and 1960s were as much, if not more, about railways than ‘normal’ holiday pursuits; however, with the decline of British steam by the mid-1960s, thoughts turned to further afield.
From 1965 until 1969, family summer holidays became two weeks in either Spain or Portugal: 1965 – Sitges, about 25 miles to the south of Barcelona, Spain; 1966 – Benidorm, about 30 miles to the north of Alicante, Spain; 1967 and 1968 – Ofir, about 30 miles to the north of Oporto, Northern Portugal; and 1969 – Tarragona, about 60 miles to the south of Barcelona, Spain.
1960s Iberian Railway Holiday explores Iberian broad- and narrow-gauge railways with an emphasis on steam, but diesel and electric power are also covered plus trams and trolleybuses. All colour and mono photographs were taken by the author and his late father, virtually all of which have never previously been published.
A captivating time capsule from over fifty years ago from the private collection of an internationally renowned authority on steam locomotives and their history.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||248 x 172 mm
||21 September 2023
||194 black-and-white and colour photographs
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 21 SEPTEMBER 2023
. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.
Michael Clemens and his late father in the 1950s and 1960s lived in Worcestershire, but travelled all over Britain, from Penzance to the north of Scotland, filming many now long closed railways and the steam locomotives that worked on them. The movie film collection, the largest of its kind in the UK, has been released by the author on thirty videos starting in the 1990s. The author’s website can be visited at www.michaelclemensrailways.co.uk and contains many hundreds of pages of railway memorabilia. This is his first book for Fonthill Media. Other titles in the series include: The Last Years of Steam Around Central Wales and The Last Years of Steam in Shropshire and the Severn Valley – all published by Fonthill Media in 2013.