**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH ON 21 JANUARY 2021**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)
American Panther Tanks: An Examination of the Five Surviving Panzer V Tanks Including the Rare Panther II
- The first book and reference guide to photographically examine all five surviving Panther tanks in the US
- Three chapters cover the design and development of the Panzer V Panther tank
- The only surviving example of the Panzer II tank hull is examined in comprehensive detail
- An excellent reference book for military modellers, historians and tank wargamers (Hell Let Loose, War Thunder, World of Tanks) interested in the iconic Panther with authentic camouflage livery
might be considered as a strange title for a book; however, there are five Second World War examples in the US. It is believed that fourteen captured Panzer V Panther tanks were shipped to the United States after hostilities ended in 1945.
Most were cut-up and scrapped after being used for testing and target practice on live firing ranges. The Panzer V Ausf.A Panther tank at the American Heritage Museum, Hudson, Massachusetts, near Boston, has been completely restored to an extremely high standard.
The other four Panther tanks are at Fort Benning, Columbus, Georgia, under the care of the U.S. Army Armor and Cavalry Collection (U.S. AACC). They are awaiting their turn to be restored. The first four chapters briefly cover the development and production of the Panzer V Panther tank from the first version, the Ausf.D, to the second version, the Ausf.A. This is followed by the final production version, the Ausf.G, using photographs from other surviving Panther tanks around the world.
The fifth chapter explores the design history of the Panther II prototype hull and only one was built. The remaining chapters are dedicated to a photographic walkaround of the surviving Panther tanks in the US.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PRE-ORDER
||276 × 216 mm
||21 January 2021
||386 colour illustrations
1. Pre-orders are charged at time of order and the order will be processed and posted to you as soon as the book becomes available.
2. Current publication date for this title is 21 January 2021. Publication date can change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes or delays. The book will be shipped via DPD in the UK, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland, and, DHL internationally.
3. Current format specifications including page extent and number of images could change and you will be informed via e-mail for any such changes.
4. You can cancel the pre-order at any time and request a refund.
5. Marketing, Promotions and Discounts: where at times we may offer discount(s) on forthcoming ('preorder') books and that part of the order is cancelled, we do not guarantee the same discount will be available at a future date or at all at point of availability.
5. Placing a pre-order with us means that you have acknowledged and accepted these Terms and Conditions as well as our General Terms and Conditions.